Tuesday 6 March 2012

Jennifer's first individual blog post

When I started reading this book it became apparent to me very soon that this was either in the future or on another planet. This is because it starts off in a lab and talks about clones, and creating them. Right now on earth we do not have that level of technology. Adding on to that near the end of the first chapter when a clone as born and the technician was going to stunt its intelligence, another scientist said: "That's a Matteo Alacran. They're always left intact. "I think this means that there are more clones of him, though I'm not sure why. This scene sparked my interest though because I think if there were clones they wouldn't ever have their intelligence stunted. A human that was born wouldn't have that happen to them, so why would it happen to a clone? I wonder if there are any groups against doing that to clones? I'm sure that there would be because there are groups like PETA for animals, so there would probably be a group for protecting clones, which are basically humans.

When it says in the first chapter that the cells used had been frozen for 100 years before they were used. Later on in the book though it tells you that El Patron is still alive, though very old, so I am wondering how old he is exactly, and when he had the cells taken from him. Something that hasn't been mentioned so far is what Matt looks like. The author might have done this so the reader could use their own imagination, or so they could compare what they thought the character looked like, to what the author thought they looked like.

Later in the section when Matt cuts his foot he says he has didn't have anything to compare the pain to, which basically means he had never been hurt, though I doubt that that would be very likely. Accidents happen, especially to younger kids because they're not as careful as they should be. I know when I was four I managed to smash my head into a table and needed stitches. My brother cut his chin and needed stitches, and my friend broke her arm. Maybe the author was trying to get at the fact that Celia took very good care of him and that the hut was safe, but Celia was gone during the day, and all sorts of things can happen when you're alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment